Monday, August 16, 2010

Surrounding yourselves with Do-ers

It occurred to me yesterday that I have been ranting on Do-ing a lot.  I know when I feel like I am stuck and at the mercy of the Universe, my frustration level with the world drives me to the edge.  I have come to realize over the years, that the way to combat my frustration level is to set aside my doubts and need for perfection and DO something -- anything -- to move me in the direction I want to go.  Doing is one of the ways I cope.

So...you (and the clients and members I see in person) have been getting a dose of Do-ing motivation.  And then it hit me -- I am surrounded by people giving me that same advise to me.  My blog list (the blogs I read) is full to the brim with people writing posts about doing.  Seth Godin often rants about Doing and Shipping (getting your product or service out the door).  Jena is encouraging me to Do.  Wake up Tiger subscribes to the Do mentality (be warned he has the Aussie penchant for swearing).  And that is NOT a comprehensive list of the Do-ers that influence me everyday.

What about you?  Are you surrounding yourself with people who are Doing in their lives and pushing you to Do in yours?  Are you striving to be a Do-er .... or are you content with being a Thinker-abouter?

No comments:

Post a Comment