Friday, May 11, 2012

Do something Friday

"Let me think about the people who I care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best of them.  Let me extend that generosity to myself."  --Ze Frank

I love this quote!  Actually, I love the ***whole video it came from.  I like the idea of generosity.  Most of us are better at giving to others -- our time, our focus, our care, than we are giving to ourselves.  And yet, if we don't care for ourselves our quality of life goes down.  And then we have less to give the others in our lives.

This weekend, think about the generosity of spirit you extend yourself.  We're not talking about making excuses for your behaviors.  We're talking about being kind, nurturing, and choosing to treat yourself with love and respect.

What is the thing you most want others to give you?  Maybe it's time for you to do that for yourself. 

***I've linked the video but please be aware -- Ze chooses to use adult language.

No comments:

Post a Comment