Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I need your help! Any takers?

Hi, all!  I am working on a new presentation about sedentary behavior (lots of good research coming out on cardiometebolic markers and acute sedentary behavior -- neat stuff!).  To help me get a better understanding of how people are spending their time, I'm looking for a few of you to help me out.

If you have a few extra minutes, I would super appreciate it if you could help me figure out how much time you all spend moving -- not exercising, just moving.

So -- if you're interested, Click here  and download Laura VanderKam's neat time management spreadsheet.   You'll notice that each day is divided into 30 minute increments.  Each time you move throughout the day (trips to the break room, bathroom, cleaning the house, trips to the fridge or laundry room, etc) write down how many minutes you spent "not sitting" in each of those time frames.

Please keep in mind, we are not tracking exercise -- just any amount of time you are doing something other than sitting (or laying) down.

Then, if you can save your spreadsheet and email it to me (kristi.stenderweessies@borgess.com), I will compile the data to be used for the presentation.  (don't worry!  I won't use any of your spreadsheets with your name on it as an example!)

Thanks, in advance, to all of you willing to take the time to help me out!  And special thanks to Laura and her very insightful and well-researched book 168 Hours: you have more time than you think .
I read it last summer and I learned a ton!

--Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment