Friday, July 17, 2009


This week has been crazy! I don't know why -- on the surface everything seems pretty normal. Work, kid stuff, housekeeping stuff, evening meeting, bits of playtime. I am tired from the week and it is making me want to eat like crazy! The more carbs the better!!

Ever feel like this??

I just finished a bowl of animal crackers -- was not hungry at all, they just sounded good (they sounded great! actually but jeesh...they were just plain Jane animal crackers). I have been trying, this last week, to keep my trigger eating to a minimum. Being busy at the office has help because there really hasn't been time for boredom snacking. The trick has been to keep it to a minimum in the evening when I am home.

I have not been drinking my usual amounts of water this week either. I am pretty sure this is playing a part in my desire to eat breads, pastas, crackers, etc.

Knowing all of the above is only the first step. A good step (knowledge is power) but I have to take action or all the knowledge in the world won't help.

So what is my plan to deal with the carb cravings until they go away (and they will -- at least for a while)?? Limit the number of snacks I let myself have. Just because something sounds good does not mean I need to indulge. If I am not physically hungry, my body does not need the food -- so I can wait until the next meal (most of the time).

And what about those animal crackers I just finished? I put them in a small bowl (so the bowl looked almost full) and sat down and ate them one by one, enjoying the crunch. They are gone now. My mouth would be quite content to keep on munching on them -- but I can stop here for now. There is always tomorrow to have a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment