Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stop Doing List

I just read something EARTH SHATTERING!!

I was minding my own business reading "Quit Managing your time...and Start Managing your Attention", when an idea sooooo revolutionary jumped right off the page and into my head.

The author suggested creating a Stop Doing List eekk gads! who would have ever thought I needed a list for that??? But it makes so much sense -- people get into the groove of working and start run on autopilot without considering how they are really spending their time (is anyone reading the anti-definition of mindfulness here?) The author's logic proceeds with the creation of a Stop Doing List to help us remember where are priorities are and what we do not want to give our attention to. Genius!

So here is what I propose:

You spend the next week (7 days -- until next Tuesday) creating your own Stop Eating List. NOW....I don't want this list based on what you think you "shouldn't" eat. I want it based on all those things you eat in a week that after they are done, you wonder (to yourself or others) "Why did I eat that???"

Just write 'em down as they occur. I give you permission to set aside your regular journalling(which of course you are all doing, right?) to create this new list. The whole object of the list is to become aware of any patterns you see in the eating of things you shouldn't (because they're not worth the calories). You might be surprised with what you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment