Friday, February 18, 2011

Do something Friday

The other day, I got grilled about my eating habits.  And then....I was told that my eating habits were wrong for me.  Really???  I thing they work pretty well for me!  Sure -- I over eat sometimes (sometimes by choice and sometimes because I get too distracted to be mindful).  But for the most part, I think things are working out okay for now.

Have you stopped to really notice all the people out there telling you you're doing it all wrong?  Sure, there's the commercials trying to tell you to use their products.  But there's also your best friend, spouse, coworker -- most of them trying to be helpful, I'm sure -- but sending out the message that they know how you should be eating better than you do.  NOT TRUE.

Stick to your guns, my friends!  You are the only one who can learn to trust and understand what signals your body is sending you.  You are the only one who can act on those signals in a meaningful way.

Sure -- that means you have all the responsibility for your weight management because no one else can do it for you.  But it also means you don't have to let others tell you your doing it all wrong and their way is the right one.

So eat 4 cookies and don't feel guilty about it. Or don't eat dinner if you had a big, late lunch and aren't hungry.  There are no hard and fast rules unless you decide there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment