Friday, December 18, 2009

The Season of Gratitude


You hear it a lot this time of year -- I am grateful for...

So, seriously, what ARE you grateful for?

I've gotten on a couple rants lately -- being grateful for your ability to physically move throughout your day.

--being grateful you have enough to eat that you can weigh more than you want to.

But I just came across the idea that "Gratefulness is a muscle, not a feeling. You need to work it out daily."

Think back to yesterday -- what two specific foods are you grateful you got to eat yesterday?

What are you going to eat today that you are grateful for?

In my house, we don't pray before we eat (except on holidays when my mom makes me :)

It is my tradition to "Cheers" before we eat. The thought being -- it is a time to recognize we are all sitting together at the table and about to eat. It is that breather that allows us to focus on what we are about to do. A time to focus appreciation and gratitude for the people and food of that moment.

If you only eat what you were grateful for, how would your eating habits change?

No comments:

Post a Comment