Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What the Universe reminded me this morning...

You know how I keep going on and on about just starting ... little baby steps ... "it's all a process" ... don't worry about being perfect ... etc. Sounds familiar, right?

Well...here's the thing ...

I have been working on a 12 week E-course for Eating Coach. Delivered on line -- email and phone sessions with me -- resources and feedback from the comfort of your own home -- sounds cool, right? I have been working on it for a couple months but you haven't heard me talking about it. You haven't seen it posted on the blog. I haven't put it out there. You wanna know why?

Because it is not "perfect". I have worked and worked on it but haven't taken the ACTION step of putting it out there because it has not attained "perfection". Stupid, huh?

Even when, a couple weeks ago, I read the blog about plan not being of any use at all unless it is put into action.

So this morning, I received 2 quotes from a friend:


Perfection consists not in doing extraordinary things, but in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. --Angelique Arnauld

Falling short of perfection is a process that just never stops. --William Shawn

This was my wake up call. Waiting to put myself out there until everything is perfect means I will never put myself (or my work) out there.

Same goes for you (although, maybe you are further ahead on this than I am). Start doing. Put yourself out there. Start being more mindful today than you were yesterday. If you do that, I will finish my E-course and have it ready by the first of the year.

Together, we will get to where we are going. But to do that, we both need to start today.

3 comments:

  1. Here's another one: Perfection is the enemy of completion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on! You can do it! If you dont put it out there and see what other people think then your ecourse will never be 'perfect'. Like the quote said its all a process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jena and S -- thanks for your support and encouragement with this project :)

    ReplyDelete