Friday, April 30, 2010

Do something Friday


You are always practicing something. The question is, "What are you practicing?" --Martical Arts Sensei

I came across this quote somewhere in my web-travels and it has been kickin' around my head for the last couple days.

So what's your answer? Are you practicing mindfulness in your eating? OR are you reading about mindful eating and practicing the eating behaviors that got you to this weight?

You can read all you want (and I do love it that you're reading -- Really!!) but a change in your weight will only come from a change in your behavior. A lasting change in your weight will only come from a lasting change in your behavior.

I know it's not easy! (did I mention I went golfing last night -- on a league, no less), and (shock of the world!) my swing did not feel any more natural (after not picking up clubs since January) than it did the day I took my first lesson. You know why?? I bet you can guess -- because I was practicing non-golf. Non-golf feels natural but golf does not. Hhmmm....go figure.

If mindful eating doesn't feel natural yet -- keep practicing mindful eating. If you give up your ME practice, you will be practicing non-mindful eating. Those are your options.

Well...looks like I am off to the golf course to practice. How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment