Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Successful People

Without exception, my clients are all successful people. They are smart, gifted, talented, and know how to work hard for what they want to achieve.

They also come to me frustrated and overwhelmed by the process of losing weight. It is one of the very tangible goals that have alluded them.

They think this shouldn't be the case -- perhaps there is something wrong with them that they struggle so hard and have been unsuccessful? No way!

What ends up happening is that clients solve their weight issues with the same skills that have made them successful in other areas of their lives -- using their creativity, compassion, and perseverance.

If you are struggling or frustrated, look to the areas of your life that you feel most successful and use those behaviors to advance your weight progress.

Being successful with weight management is no different than being successful anywhere else in your life. Most of us don't feel we should start right out in our working career as a CEO -- you start where ever you find a job and then work really hard to learn the skill you need to advance -- it takes a bunch of conscious decisions. Same with learning the skills you need to manage your weight -- conscious decisions to succeed, putting this goal into practice as a top priority, and lots of extra hours on the nights and weekends.

2 comments:

  1. This post hit home with me today.
    I can say that I am usually successful in the endeavors that I try, whether it was a difficult class in school, challenges in the workplace or the home front or just trying to organize my everyday life.
    I seem to always figure out a way to get the job done.
    Except for this weight thing!
    I can remember even as a young girl and a teen always thinking I was heavy...boy, now looking back at pictures, I would love to be that weight again!
    Time goes by and the pounds seem to keep adding.
    I've given up on the dieting and am trying mindful eating...it makes so much more sense.
    Why deprive myself of a few bites of something I really crave (and will probably eat at some point anyway) and just enjoy...and forget about the guilt.
    Now I'm taking life one meal at a time.
    I'll let you know how it's working.
    Thanks Kristi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I am glad you're here and giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete