Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The difference between your Best You and the You it's easiest to be.....

Do you know the difference?  I have been struggling a little bit lately with putting my best foot forward -- both here at the blog and other area in my workplace.  It's hard to bring A game everyday -- and it's easy to look around and justify that A- or B+ game is okay because it's not D game.  And then I read Copyblogger's post about Eminem's new album.

I'm not an Eminem fan -- actually, I am just working under the asumption that I don't like his music but I don't have enough information to even know if I have ever heard any.  What struck me in the article was when Copyblogger said:

"Be the best You, not the You it’s easiest to be."

It made me think that sometimes I don't make the distinction between best Me and easiest Me.  My dad always (or maybe only once and it really stuck) told me "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how are you going to have time to redo it later?"  This speaks to being the best Me the first time.

Making choices to be unmindful in your eating habits is being the easiest You -- not the best You.  The best You might chose better quality or smaller portion fast food when food on the go is necessary but best You recognizes there is a choice to be made.  Easiest You will just run on autopilot because everything else is (please insert the whiney tone of your choice here) "too hard".

So what do you think?  Are you striving for best You today -- or are you just chosing the "easy" way out?

No comments:

Post a Comment