Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stress eating


Already today has been chaotic. The copier wasn't my friend this morning. I had a morning meeting that didn't go well. It was raining (possibly in my open windows). The house was a wreck when I left...and all I want to do it eat. Stress eat. I know it is trigger eating but the urge is still there. Now what?

Fortunately, I have a time-tested standing plan to avoid eating a billion calories today just because I don't feel good.

A meal sitting down. No phone. No work papers. No email answering.

If I am really lucky and disciplined, I will make myself take a few breaths before I start eating.


Diagnosing the want to stress eat is the first hurdle. The second is to not freak out just because I have the desire to eat everything in sight -- just because I want to doesn't mean I have to. Stick to the plan. An quiet lunch and taking a breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment