Friday, March 5, 2010

Do something Friday


Education versus Training

Education imparts information and knowledge and affects what goes on in the mind.

Training imparts technique and skill, and impacts behaviour more directly.

So...I just checked -- this will make my 192nd post on this site!! And as I think about it, most of the posts have been oriented toward education. I want you to think about what you are doing. I want you to understand why you are behaving in the manner you do. That is education -- trying to raise your awareness of an action you do every day.

Do something Fridays have been my opportunity to get you working on the training aspect of this. To change your mindsets about how you approach eating is important but if you don't change your actions, you won't see the results you hope for.

Because I understand the power of group training and social support in the behavior change process, I have been kicking around the idea of putting together an eating experience for anyone who is interested.

How would you feel about taking an hour and half and spending the time with me and a couple of other mindful-eaters-in-training to share a Mindful Meal?

We will meet in a local restaurant (one close to or on Westnedge) and start from the beginning.

How to approach the menu
What you are really sorting through as you read the specials.
How to tune in as the food is delivered
Focusing on what the first four bites really taste like (and being able to verbalize it)
Looking for the different hunger/fullness sensations and how to relate them to the H/F scale
Finding that place to stop eating before you are stuffed

Sounds like a lot to do in just 90 minutes but I think we can manage it!

If you are willing to give this a try, provide me with the opportunity to practice this technique (my family can only take so much of this kind of thing :) ,and if you are willing to think about writing a review about your experience, I would like to do this program no-charge. If it is well-received and there is a benefit for the clients, I will do it again in the future for a fee but for right now, how about we work together to take it for a test drive?

So...If you are interested, I am looking at Tuesday March 23 at 6pm on Westnedge. I want to keep the group small so everyone has a chance to talk and feel comfortable. The other thing to consider is coming in pairs -- it is always easier to implement change if you have a partner (someone that you eat with often so you can practice Mindful Meal techniques together).

Send me an email to reserve your spot. kristi_eatingcoach@live.com

If you are signing up someone else, please send me their email address as well so we can all connect.

Hope to hear from you soon! and have a lovely weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment