Thursday, July 26, 2012

Who's on your priority list?...or more importantly, who's not??

Have you ever realized:

"I haven't learned yet how to put myself on my list of priorities."  Notice I didn't suggest putting yourself first; I just want you get on the list. --Sarah Ban Breathnach

Are you on your list?  I can say with almost complete certainty, you are not at the top of your list (otherwise you wouldn't be reading this blog).  But are you written in somewhere?

We all know we should take better care of ourselves -- mentally and physically.  But when it comes to actually making that happen, it seems like there isn't ever any time, right?

It's my assertion that there is time -- you're already spending that time and we can reroute it so you can get more bang from your buck.

Paying attention to the food you're eating (when you're eating it) is a great way to put yourself on your priority list.

Choosing foods that sound great -- and then spending the extra 2 or 3 minutes during a quick lunch to appreciate the taste, texture, color, etc. can give you the chance to nurture yourself. 

We have to take time to eat.  What if, by spending a little conscious effort on experiencing the foods, we can reach our healthy weight AND take care of ourselves mentally and physically?  Wouldn't that be worth the time you put into it?

No comments:

Post a Comment