Thursday, July 22, 2010

Preachy

Your Super-Fan
I just read an blog post on how to create a popular blog.  The short answer is write the kind of blog that makes you popular.  Hmmmm, clear as mud, right?  The author talks about which attributes make certain people popular (blogs not withstanding) and the attribute that struck me most was:

People who are popular converse with others -- they don't preach at others. 

Now you might be thinking I am getting ready to launch into a dissection of this blog but...that isn't where I'm headed today.  I'd like to get back to the preachy part.

How much time each day do you spend preachin' at yourself about food, your weight, how much you aren't exercising but should be ???

I know when I get on a jag with myself, it doesn't make me feel better -- it actually makes me feel more hopeless about whatever the situation is.  If the preachy voice inside your head was another person, would you choose to spend your precious time with them?  Or would they be someone you dread seeing -- always sniping about your outfit, you food choices, and your under-used gym membership?

How would your life change if you jettisoned the dead weight of your nagging Lizard and activity started giving yourself compliments, kudos, and the occasional pep-talk for your eating choices?  What if you changed the Lizard voice into your own personal Super-Fan?  Would you be more likely to make more positive choices for yourself if you had a cheering section urging you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment