Friday, January 13, 2012

Do something Friday -- cupboard clutter

What do you have in your cupboards that you don't really WANT to eat?

Don't tell me nothing....I know that's not true.

We're coming off the holiday season and with it, I bet there are some things in your cupboard you don't really want to eat.

For example:  I have Halloween candy.  Really good candy (full sized Snickers, Butterfingers, and (gasp!) even some Hersey's Bars).  Most of the time I don't even notice them but....when I'm recreationally eating (you know -- when you make a trip to the kitchen on every commercial from 7:30 to 10pm) all of the sudden that bag (clear Ziploc with a great amount of visibility!) starts looking mighty tempting.

The weird thing is, I don't like that candy enough to crave it EXCEPT when I'm bored.

Do you have stuff like this?  Random bag of candied pecans, box of mixed chocolates, half a box of  not-so-good crackers that didn't get finished at the party that under normal circumstances wouldn't temp you but....under the right conditions you'll end up eating them.  Throw them out! 

This weekend, make some time to go through your cupboards (in the morning and after breakfast works best) and throw out all the junk that, yes, will eventually get eaten but isn't going to be worth the calories you spend on it. 

It is so much easier to avoid eating non-fabulous food if it's not in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment