Friday, March 16, 2012

Do something Friday -- get rid of the clutter

Clutter -- I hate it.  I hate it in my office.  I hate it in my house.  I hate in my car.  Clutter drives me crazy!

How about you?  Do you like it, live with it, or are you struggling under the weight of it?

Have you thought about your eating behaviors in terms of clutter?  Are you eating lots of items because you just don't know what else to do with them?  It would be rude to throw that food out, right?  Wasteful?

Think about how your desk would look (or does look) if you keep every scrap of paper anyone gave you during the course of the day.  Not so much of a pretty picture!  And it makes it much harder to get your work done!!

It wouldn't work well for your desk -- and it doesn't work well for your body. 

Clean out the clutter!  Only eat the items you need to keep you going or the things you really, really love (and just a little of those). 

This weekend, every time you start to eat something, picture it sitting on your desk.  Is it an item you need to keep going?  Is it delicious enough that you want it there just for decoration?  If you eat it, it stays on your mental desk -- how do you want your desk to look on Monday morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment